1. We all go on vacation to get away from it all and have a great time, but I want to know, what vacation day was your worst?
Years ago had just started dating a guy that seemed really nice. After a few months, we decided to go on a vacation together to Puerto Rico. We got there, toured the island, and made plans for the night. Once we got back to the hotel, he told me he had to make a call. TO HIS EX-WIFE! He spent 45 minutes telling her happy birthday and inquiring about her new boyfriend. The next day we came home, and never saw him again.
2. What would be your bucket list vacation or, if you have already taken it, tell us about it? Pictures encouraged.
I had Costa Rica on my bucket list forever and ever and never could find anyone with the same desire and/or cash to do it. Finally, I found Caravan.com where I could go with other people, and toured the country, and was WONDERFUL. Would like to do it again someday. I also have Portugal (the Agave Coast) on my list and hope that happens one day.
This was a tough one, as Quebec City, the trip from Boston to Prince Edward Island and of course deep sea fishing in Alaska came to mind quickly. Back in 2001 I went to Europe for two weeks also, to Paris, London, most of Ireland and Scotland. How can you pick just one?
The left photo is from Hanging Bridges park, and the right photo is Arenal volcano while sitting on my front porch of my cabin.
3. If your ActiveRain friends were to visit you, would you prepare dinner for them or would you take them to the best pizza joint in town? What would you make or where would you go?
Denver is know for a very diverse menu and would check with my AR friend(s) to see what they would like. I probably would take them out, as cooking and talking are not conducive. I have been known to burn food, but have gotten used to eating it....LOL
4. We all know that Canadian bacon and pineapple are the best toppings for any pizza. If you can’t have those toppings on your pizza, what would you choose?
I like sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms and onions, but as long as it doesn't have green peppers or anchovies on it, probably will eat it.
5. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
French Vanilla. Although I don't have much ice cream, with vanilla, you can add lots of different topping flavors. (as long as it isn't chocolate)
6. What is your beverage of choice with dinner; beer, wine, iced tea, a cocktail, or …..?
In the winter, it is usually red wine, but in the summer I like to drink something with ice, so water, vodka cranberry or Jack and 7. No alcohol before my allotted water per day.
7. Do you prefer going to a concert, the theater, or a big sporting event? Who or what would you be watching?
With COVID, haven't been to anything for quite a while. Would have loved to watch the Stanley Cup in person, but ticket prices were more than I could afford. Would have also liked to attend the rally after they won, but COVID cases were up here in Denver, so I watched it on TV.
8. There are so many great festivals across the country. Is there a special one in your area? Pictures are encouraged.
I went to the Albuquerque International Balloon Festival years ago. Was on the field before the sun came up, and watched the balloon owners get their balloons ready, and was very interesting.
9. What is your greatest sporting accomplishment, hitting a hole in one, bowling a perfect game, hitting the game-winning shot, etc.? If you do not enjoy athletics, what is your greatest accomplishment?
When I was in high school, I was a gymnast and got to the State Finals, that was fun! About 20+ years ago I joined a bowling league and some of the girls in the league decided we should go to the Women's Tournaments and play for money. We went to many cities across the Country and won money in every tournament. With a neck injury, I had to stop bowling, so sad!
10. Are you a pet person? If so, names and pictures are a must!
Anyone who reads my blogs knows I have two kittens right now. I have usually always had two kitties. Aja (18.5 passed 3 years ago) and Mia (almost 21 passed June 2021). Could not have a home with a fur baby, so adopted two more from the Dumb Friends League. Lucy, I got when she was 16 weeks on 10/1/21, and Izzi I got at 13 weeks on 12/12/21 and they have been great friends. Lucy is over a year now and Izzi will be next month, but they are still kittens and play like kittens. They provide so much entertainment daily!
It wasn't long after I introduced them, they were fast friends, and Lucy has always been protective of Izzi.
11. What is your favorite thing to collect, or do you prefer to keep things simple and clutter-free? Or what is your decorating style?
I have collected clocks since I was a teenager when my mom gave me a very special one. I pick them up in foreign countries, or on special trips. I have had friends and clients bring back a clock from their vacations too. Batteries used to be a big thing, but now I don't change them. I do still have many that TELL TIME, and when we have to turn back or forward the clocks, it is a busy day!
12. What job did you have just prior to making the switch to real estate and has it helped you in your real estate career? (Courtesy of Jeff Dowler, CRS)
I worked at Safeway for 20 years prior to jumping into real estate. I worked in Security, at the Milk Plant, Trucking Department and finally with the Distribution Manager where I helped negotiate union contracts and helped build computer programs for the trucks. They sent me to all the Word & Excel classes along with many computer classes. It also jump-started my career, as many employees I worked with wanted to work with me, even though I was brand new.
13. When you are writing on ActiveRain, who is your audience and why did you choose them for your audience? (Courtesy of Margaret Rome Baltimore 410-530-2400)
I always thought writing for the public would make our phones ring. It did when we had good SEO here, but of late, I do a bit of everything. Local posts, market reports and fun posts. It is about interaction.
14. What makes you the real estate agent of choice in your area?
When I have a new client, I like to ask why they chose me, and they say I am genuine, appreciate my knowledge, and can be trusted.
15. What is the most outrageous action that a client has ever asked you to perform?
I went on a listing where had to meet the husband and wife separately, as they had a restraining order out. While at the listing appointment, the husband suggested we go out behind the wife's back. I shut my file, and said I was a professional and stood up to walk out. He said please sit down, and we continued and did not have any other conversations like that again.
16. We show a lot of homes in our profession. What is the most interesting home or, item in a home, that you have encountered?
Definitely the sex swing in the master bedrooms years ago. I was pretty sure I knew what it was, but my clients thought it was for "the baby". I didn't correct them but did call the listing agent to let them know, that they should probably take it down. The listing agent had no idea what it was either.
There was another time I was showing a vacant home, and upon opening the door, could hear noises coming from the back. Found a fellow REALTOR® and his friend having sex on the floor in the bedroom. I know this person, and to this day, have never spoken about this.
17. What are your three favorite neighborhoods in your area and what makes them special? Are you lucky enough to live in one of those neighborhoods?
The Pinery in Parker, where you will find deer roaming the neighborhood and laying in the shade.
Tallyn's Reach in Aurora, where you can find almost any home in every price point. The styles are plentiful and there is usually a view of the mountains.
Estancia in Aurora, where you will find luxury mega-mansions that are all custom built. They are gorgeous on one-acre lots with all the bells & whistles, along with some with mountain views.
And no, I live in none of these.
18. We all love client testimonials, but is there one that really made you feel special? We would love to see it.
These buyers were web visitors and first-time buyers. Neither of them has family in town, and was their "real estate mom". She just had a baby, and cannot wait to go over and hold him!
Couldn't have done it without her
We entered the market in 2021 when there were more buyers than sellers. But, with Joan's guidance and perseverance, we were able to find our first home. Joan is very knowledgeable, experienced, caring, and patient as she educated us on what we need to look out for and expect in such a volatile housing market. Not only did we gain a new home for us, we also gained a lifelong friend in Joan.
19. What is your favorite volunteer work or charity?
Without a doubt, Habitat for Humanity
20. What does the flag represent to you?
21. When we discuss life, my dad always says he is not sure what he would like to be when he grows up. He is 77! What do you want to be when you grow up or are you already in your perfect profession?
I couldn't imagine doing anything but real estate, but in the next few years will become more and more part-time and do more traveling and enjoying life.
Thank you for reading!
*Entry to August's AR challenge