Here are just a few of the highlights in 5 different areas of metro Atlanta:
- In Decatur you can decorate your bicycle, skateboard, or wagon and join the Pied Piper Parade as it goes through downtown Decatur. Concert on the Square features the Callanwolde Concert Band. On Sunday July 4th, Parade begins at 6:00 pm, Concert 7:00 pm and fireworks at dark.
- In Avondale Estates on Saturday July 3 the Parade line up begins at 9:15 am at Avondale High School. The Parade begins at 10:00 am. Parade begins up Clarendon Ave. Food will be sold at Lake Avondale by the Avondale Baptist Church 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm. The Atlanta Blue Notes performs at Lake Avondale at 7:30 p.m. Fireworks begin at Dusk at Lake Avondale.
- At Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta starting at noon on July 4th there will be activities for the entire family, including a Kids Zone, live musical entertainment starts at 5 pm. from The Regulars Band, Sons of Sailors and Party on the Moon, food concessions and the largest fireworks display in the Southeast. Fireworks begin at 9:40 p.m.
- Fireworks and Live Music at Centennial Olympic Park will be on Sunday July 4 in downtown Atlanta, GA. Kids activities are from noon to 4 pm.. Free musical entertainment begins at 5 p.m. Fireworks at dark. This will be broadcast on 11 Alive News and simulcast on Q100 Radio.
- Stone Mountain Park has fireworks and a laser light show with music. The laser light show is July 3- 5th . Bring blankets and lawn chairs for this event. It is $10 per vehicle to enter the park. This is a good family event whether it's the 4th of July or not.
Wishing everyone a happy and safe 4th of July, especially to our brave troops!
If you are thinking of buying or selling a home in or around Atlanta, GA contact, Jen Bowman, Realtor and Broker Associate with Keller Williams Realty at 404-456-5024.