Clark County and Vancouver WA Homes For Sale picking up after a Slow mid-Summer.
Clark County and Vancouver WA real estate has been climbing out of an unusually slow early Summer Home Sales season to post a 26% increase in Pending Sales, when compared to July's Pending Sales. We are using the Vancouver MLS (covers Clark County Washington also) to obtain a quick snap-shot view of what happened real estate wise within the confines of Clark County Washington (Vancouver USA is the largest community) for the month of August. Here is what we have to report:
From this quick view we again see more Pending Transactions compared to Sold Homes, and about a year's supply of Vancouver WA homes for sale. The increase in sales this time of both reflects the families wanting to be in the right home for the starting school year, and with the fantastically low home loan interest rates.
Key items we are looking for the Clark County market turnaround are not just an increase in the number of transactions and firming-prices but, an increase in the "Normal Sale" (i.e., non-Pre-Foreclosure / Foreclosure) Category. In our opinion with about 38% of the Pending status homes being 3rd party or Foreclosure transactions (a decrease from last month but consistent with much of the year), we are likely at the bottom. Prices have been relatively flat, with some up and down, which is a typical sign of base-building.
If you are looking to sell your home in Vancouver WA, and Clark County Washington in this challenging market time please call or e-mail us with the details of your situation and we'll customize a marketing plan to get your Clark County Home Sold!
The largest city in Clark County WA is Vancouver Washington. Other towns include: Amboy, Battle Ground, Brush Prairie, Camas, Ridgefield, Washougal, parts of Woodland and Yacolt.
1) 3rd Party = the sales contract requires the approval of a third party; and includes Short-Sales, Trust Sales, Relocation Company sales, etc.
2) Pre-Foreclosures = aka Short-Sales are homes where the lending bank(s) agrees to take less, allowing a sales transaction to take place.
3) Foreclosures = aka REO's and Bank Owned Homes, already Foreclosed by the Lender(s).
4) PENDING = listed homes that have been marked as under contract by the listing agent during the past 30 days.
5) SOLD = listed homes that have been marked as closed sales by the listing agent in the past 30 days. Note: some of these sold homes may have been "pending sales" for far more than 30 days!
Disclaimer: this information is drawn using custom search parameters from the predominant MLS system covering Vancouver Washington and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
The above information was provided by John Slocum and Kathryn Alexander, recognized as one of the top teams at REMAX Vancouver WA. We hope you enjoy the information in our posts, including videos on real estate and Homes for sale in Vancouver Washington and the rest of Clark County.
Thinking of selling your home in this market? We have the insight and passion for selling homes to get you moving!
Visit our website to learn more about Vancouver Washington, Camas WA real estate or Battle Ground WA real estate.
PS - Nobody sells more real estate than RE/MAX. Look to John Slocum and Kathryn Alexander for Vancouver WA Homes For Sale