While we all are getting ready to say good bye to 2010 and welcome to 2011 there are trends that are here to stay with us.
Reading through the blogs, working with buyers, sellers over the 2010 it seems like we do have a strong opinion about what the trend forecast for the Virginia home owners are:
1. Granite: Gourmet kitchen or simple kitchen, having granite counter tops makes buyer feel having updated and luxurious kitchen. So granite is still the choice of kitchen counter tops for most of the Virginian buyers..
2. Center Island: Irrespective of style of homes (single family, townhomes or a condo) families love to gather around Kitchen. Hand in hand with the Granite will be center islands in the kitchen. Perfect place to serve food, open a bottle of wine and create memories with friend and family.
3. Upper level Laundry room: Seniors and parents love and desirable to have laundry at bedroom levels over in the basement and/or on main level. For simple fact they don't want to drag the baskets up and down. Most of the new construction homes in and around Virginia especially in single family homes and townhomes offer this feature.
4. Finished Basements: Buyers would rather have a fully finished home over spend money down the road to finish the basement. Having bonus room, media rooms, and/or wet bar are desired features in the basement but nothing beats a simple, open finished basement.
5. Large Family rooms: Single, married or with you are parent of dozen kids ...every one loves to spend evening in the family room. More buyers are leaning towards having no living room and have a large open family room.