The first step in solving a problem is to identify what the problem is. Then it becomes necessary to determine if the problem is solvable or not. In the case of sellers who have had their homes listed and they have expired, it is simply a matter of looking at the problem of selling from a different perspective and then employing the right person to work with you to create an effective solution. If this is you, give me a call to discuss the solution to your home-selling dilemma.
Expired Listings: Just Because Your House Didn't Sell Doesn't Mean It Won't Sell
If you had your home on the market and it didn't sell, I'm guessing that you still want to sell. Trust me, I can imagine your frustration and disappointment, but hope and help is still on the horizon. Just because your house did not sell, does not mean that it won't sell.
More often than not when a homes stays on the market for quite some time, the main thing that needs to happen is that the marketing efforts need a jolt from a fresh set of eyes. In other words, your previous agent, I am sure did the very best that they could, but after a time, they may have exhaust their creative efforts. You know how it is when you look at something for too long, you may miss the obvious.
However, it may be small things in the efforts of agents that make a big difference. Here's some food for thought:
- Every agent has a sphere of influence which is basically people that we know, network and or socialize with. Like everyone else, yourself included, we all have different spheres or connections. When you change agents, you open up the scope and number of people that your home is exposed to. In essence you become a part of a new sphere and your own sphere is broadened.
- Creativity plays a major role in marketing. Perhaps your listing just needs a new spin or twist on marketing it. Some fresh ideas are in order. Perhaps a new creative team is in order to freshen up and re-energize a stale listing. A new excitement may be needed to rejuvenate interest in your home.
- There is no question that a new analysis is necessary to see if the home has been priced right and modified accordingly based on shifts in the market during the previous listing period.
- When armed with accurate comps of homes that have sold since your own has been listed, it should make you wonder why one house sold and yours didn't.
- Don't forget that selling a home is a process and requires, not only a plan but regular review and modification if necessary.
These are just a few things to consider when your listing has expired and other agents come a calling. Consider being open for change. It may be exactly what you and your home need to get it off the market as SOLD.
In addition to a new agent or agent team, consider what you can do to help things along. Check out the suggestions below and if you are in need of a good real estate agent in the Birmingham area, I am available to work with you as a member of your "home" team. Just give me a call at 205-321-1200 or contact me via email. By the way, here's my resume.
Charita Cadenhead, Your Metropolitan Birmingham, Alabama Real Estate Broker of Choice
Got a question about Metropolitan Birmingham real estate? Just ask Charita. Need a good Realtor(R) to help you find a new home or sell the one you already own? Just shoot me an email. In need of a rental property? Subscribe to be notified whenever we list a new rental or home for sale.
One thing about being in real estate: I can't hide even if I tried. Bham WIiRE Realty: We're Everywhere You Want to Be!