Can you feel it? The new ENERGY flowing in. It's a time to restart, refresh and reassess where you are and where you are going. The Chinese New Year's eve starts on January 27th, 2017 ringing in New Years day on January 28th. This year welcomes in the Fire Rooster.
Here are a list of suggestions you could do to help increase success for the coming year.
- To welcome in the New Year I have made it a tradition to attend a Lion Dance ceremony the evening and/or day of the Chinese New Year. Some restaurants or venues even offer a few days before the Chinese New Year to attend the New Years ceremonial lion dance.
- Pay down your credit cards bills or make an early payment. Anything you can put to those bills show that you have every intention of paying them off as soon as possible.
- A Few "C" Words: Clean. Clear the dust and the cobwebs from your space AND your mind. The very act of cleaning helps to energize your space. And start the year off with a new environment. Clutter-or DE-Clutter in most cases. Remember the rule of thumb with Clutter
IF YOU DON'T NEED IT, USE IT OR LOVE IT, GET RID OF IT.
Allow plenty of room for the new energy you are creating.
- Make some changes: With the New Year and this very auspicious time, make some changes in your life or in your routines. Take risks, start new plans, open yourself up to possibilities that you might never have dared to dream. It's time to be truly open to changes that come your way---Look into EVERY opportunity that may come your way before turning it down!
- Add Fresh Flowers in your home. In Feng Shui, fresh flowers signify fresh ENERGY and GROWTH. Remember to get some colors mixed in to help signify all the elements of Feng ShuI.
- Add a bowl of fruit in your kitchen ( your area of nourishment and considered by Many to be the most important room in your home). Fruit signifies ABUNDANCE in ALL areas. Create some for yourself this year and every year.
- Open the doors and windows as close to midnight or AT midnight if possible at the days transition from January 27th to the 28th. By Doing this you are letting in the New, Fresh Energy.
- Burn a candle if you are home-blowing it out just around midnight as well. Send your intentions OUT and truly Celebrate this day....It is by many accounts, a New Day to start all over again.
- Try to resolve any "unfinished business." Particularly, if you can make amends with someone you've had difficulties with in the past.
Make a Blessings List: List All the wonderful things you Do have in your life And all the things you have to be grateful for.
This is the time to use Red Envelopes if you have them. Fill 9 Red Envelopes With 3 like coins...3 nickels, Dimes or Quarters. Place them in the WEALTH areas of your home according to the Bagua. NOTE: They do NOT need to show.
Respect your Money. Don't throw it back in your wallet or pocketbook, put it in order in your wallet.
Replace any burned out Light Bulbs. Light up your space...and your life.
This is a wonderful time to Smudge your home using pure, Native American SAGE. If you have not done this in the last six months and are not allergic to Smoke, walk through EACH room of your house paying particular attention to the front entrance and corners. Corners are where Energy can linger and become stagnant.
You can also clear your home by using SOUND healing. Ringing a bell or even chiming a spoon on a crystal Glass will accomplish this.
Clean your mirrors. Your mirrors are a reflection of YOU. You should see Yourself clearly so you can see exactly where you are going in life.
A Special Note for your Home Office or Office Desk: You can use Feng Shui Principles on them as well to connect your home and your business. An upcoming post will provide more information if needed.
You're going to be making some changes in your surroundings right now that could have a huge impact on the coming year.
Please remember: Simply making these changes will not be nearly as effective unless you put your INTENTIONS and taking ACTION behind them. FOCUS on what you really value in your life this year. Every single time you make a change, keep in mind WHY you are doing it and what you wish to create.
Happy New Year!