One of the biggest issues people find when using social media is trying to still come across as a human. This is especially true when you are part of a brand.
The good news there are a couple of easy things you can do to promote your brand on Twitter and also showcase your personality as well. This is going to help you gain more followers, have higher engagement and add some potential leads to your pipeline.
Let's take a look.
1. Use a variety of media. Don't just stick to text. You can use all sorts of tools to insert photos, gifs even videos into your tweets. Mix it up to attract different people.
2. Be consistent. I like to use a mix of pre-scheduled and live tweets. This helps keep your Twitter account consistent by getting you out there every day. Don't let your account languish for weeks or months at a time.
3. Ask questions. Sounds strange, but in order to get people interacting with you (and to perform a bit of market research) it pays to spend time on Twitter asking questions.
4. Engage. Twitter is one of the few places where it's totally ok to just jump in on the conversations of others. Use it to be helpful, offer advice, or gently direct people in your direction. Gently!
5. Be authentic. We all know real estate is a people business, and people want to work with those they like. So be yourself, talk about your interests and hobbies outside real estate and have fun!
They are simple tips, but they do work. It doesn't take crazy strategies or tactics to be really good at Twitter. A lot of it is just sticking to it and being yourself!
Have any of your own tips? I'd love to hear them!