Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Are you disgusted by all those unsolicited credit card offers clogging up your mailbox? Tired of lugging catalogs and junk mail to the recycling bin? All of this unwanted mail creates nothing but headaches and wastes paper, so it’s no wonder putting an end to it is a priority for many people. While you can’t eliminate everything, you can noticeably reduce the avalanche of paper in your mailbox just by picking up the phone or hopping online.
Here are a few wimple ways to put a kibosh on the heaps of junk mail that keep piling up:
- So Long Pre-Screened credit offers: If your credit is anywhere near good, credit bureaus- Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion – are selling your name to credit card companies as hot prospects. That’s why you are getting those “You’ve been pre-approved” offers every day.
- Put an end to it by calling 1-888-5-OPT-OUT (1-888-567-8688). You will need to provide your name, address, telephone number, social security number and date of birth to ensure your opt-out request matches your credit record rather than someone else who shares your name. You can also opt out via the internet at: www.optoutprescreen.com/opt_form.cgi . If you are not comfortable disclosing your social security number and date of birth, the online form does not require this information. However, it is strongly urged that you do provide this information to ensure your request it properly processed, and it protects your information from unauthorized access.
- Opting out is good for 5 years however, if you want to be removed permanently there is a form you can fill out at www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre17.shtm Remember, this won’t stop all credit card offers- only those that result from screening your credit report. Your bank or Credit Card Company may still send you offers for new credit or share information about you with other companies.
- Jettison the junk mail: you can reduce the other types of junk mail- magazine offer, sweepstakes and the other national advertising mail- by contacting the Direct Marketing Association’s (DMA) Mail Preference Service (MPS). This opt-out lasts for five years and can be renewed. There is no charge for registering. Go to www.dmachoice.org/dma/member/regist.action
- Cut out the Catalogs: when you buy something from a mail-order catalog, your transaction is likely to be reported to Abacus, a company that complies a cooperative database of catalog and publishing companies customers. Your name is then sold to other mail-order companies that send you catalogs and offers. This explains why you are likely to receive several unsolicited catalogs after ordering anything by mail. To opt out of the Abacus database visit their website at www.abacusoptout.com
You’ll have to notify companies yourself that do not participate in the DMA and Abacus opt-out programs. Contact the customer service department and request that your name and address not be shared with other companies. Contact magazines, charities, nonprofit organizations and professional associations to which you have either donated money or joined. It may take a few months to see results, but eventually the mess in your mailbox will thin out!
Thank you for reading my blog & Happy Fat Tuesday!
If you are looking to buy or sell something here on Maui or would like more information about Maui Real Estate please do not hesitate to contact me at 808-276-2004 or visit my website www.SoldOnMaui.Net to search theMaui MLS & check out New Listings and much more. Or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org tell me what you’re looking for!
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.