Things to do in Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
There are so many wonderful things to do in Atlantic Beach, North Carolina.... 365 days a years, and many of them are FREE!!!
- Visit one of the Town's Parks.
- Go for a hike on one of the many wonderful trails.
- Head to Fort Macon State Park.
- Go for a bike ride along the boardwalk. Rentals are available at Crystal Coast Bicycles.
- Play a little beach volleyball at the circle.
- Kick back on the beach with a good book.
- Take a surfing lesson or do a little boogie boarding.
- Go fishing in the surf, or from the Oceana Pier.
This summer, as Atlantic Beach celebrates 75 years,you will find a few additional activities, along with the normal summer activities along the Crystal Coast.
- On June 6th, 2012, the free family Outdoor Movie Series returns to the Boardwalk at the circle, every Wednesday just after sunset. Don’t forget your camp chairs or a beach blanket, and drinks or snack, and enjoy the films. Rain dates are set for Thursdays.
- Don’t miss the Concert in the Park Series at Fort Macon State Park, presenting pop classics, orchestral groups, Cajun, bluegrass and Civil-war era music. Concerts are held every other Friday Evening and each begins at 7 PM and ends around 8 PM. Admission is free and it is a wonderful way to spend an evening with your friends or family. Bring a picnic dinner and a blanket, and just chill out. Call the Park at 252-354-5259 for details about the concerts.
- On Saturday, June 16th, Father's Day weekend, Kite's Unlimited will host a one day Kite Festival on the boardwalk beach strand. Guaranteed to be fun for the entire family!
- Fourth of July holiday kickoff begins June 29th and runs through July 9th as amusement rides and waterslide return to the circle, operating for eleven days. The fireworks display will take place over the water on Wednesday, July 4th (after sunset), and can be viewed from the boardwalk strand. It is awesome to watch the display of lights over the beautiful Atlantic Ocean.
- The Atlantic Beach Police Department will sponsor the annual "National Night Out" on Tuesday August 7th at the Atlantic Beach Town Park. National Night Out is a fabulous & fun program to promote neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships, and offer lots of enjoyment & education for everyone.
To view Homes for sale in Atlantic Beach, North Carolina, visit www.pineknollshoresrealty.com