MORTGAGE INTEREST RATE LOCK ADVISORY
November 28, 2016, 7:50 AM PT
- 1-15 Day Close: LOCK
- 16-30 Day Close: LOCK
- 31-45 Day Close: LOCK
- Recommendations can change throughout the day.
- Click for current Lock Advice
Reverse Mortgages Provide Senior Financial Security.
- Average 30-Yr FRM, up 0.09 points to 4.03% on 11-23-16
- Rate Price Based on 3.5% MBS, Down -0.18 Point.
- DJI Stocks - Currently, $19,086.60, Down ($65.54) -0.34%
- Asian & European Stock Market Indexes Up 0.006%
- Crude Oil (WTI) - Currently, $46.91, Up $0.85
- Gold 1 Ounce - Currently, $1,192.10, Up $10.80
MARKET REPORTS & ANALYSIS
- Rate Lock Advisory. Lock on up ticks. Rates show no sign of improving.
- Monday's Market Data: there is no economic news scheduled today that could impact rates.
- Friday's Mortgage Market: prices for rates based on Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) closed up 0.13 point.
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.03 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending November 23, 2016, up from last week when it averaged 3.94 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.95 percent.
- Monday AM Brief
- Congress could play Grinch this Christmas for homeowners
- Mortgage Rates: Higher for the Holidays
- Conforming loan limits increase for first time since 2006
- Less than 1 year left for more than 200K HARP eligible borrowers
- Major trade groups urge Congress to renew two major homeowner tax provisions
- Financial planners warming to reverse mortgages
- Fannie and Freddie Lowering Underwriting Barriers
- Mortgage Brokers are Grabbing a Larger Market Share
It's alright if you don't agree with me... I can't force you to be right. ~ Anonymous
Cyber criminals are hacking email accounts and sending emails with fake wiring instructions. These emails are convincing and sophisticated. Always independently confirm wiring instructions in person or via a telephone call to a trusted and verified phone number. Never wire money without double-checking that the wiring instructions are correct.