It's best when you go out grocery shopping to follow a few simple tips to keep what you buy healthy.
- Make a menu for a couple days of meals and if you have leftovers save them to cut down on the amount of food you buy.
- Make a grocery list of foods you need for upcoming meals. When you don't do this people tend to buy things they eventually will waste.
- Make sure you have your coupons ready!
- Go grocery shopping alone. Bringing friends and family members can steer you away from the items you went out to buy.
- Whatever you do, don't go food shopping when you are hungry. Doing so will make you spend more because so much will look great to eat, at that moment.
- Take out cash before so you know you have a budget to work with.
- Look and shop at the unit price, its always cheaper and better to buy.
- Don't look at the color of cleaners or which one is more popular. Buying Publix brand is just as good as name brands.
- Avoid as much as possible prepackaged convenience items.
- Food buyer CAUTION: Stay clear of nonfood items. You can usually buy the at discount drug stores or at warehouse clubs in bulk. Such as paper plates, plastic cups and utensils.
Thanks and Happy Selling!!