Easter Sunday at the San Diego Zoo
I go to the San Diego Zoo quite often for one or two hours, but on special holidays — New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas — I'll go for a longer period, sometimes up to six hours, and enjoy everything that the Zoo has to offer.
Here are a few pictures from today's trip to the Zoo.
The flamingos were busy building their nests. They look about half finished, but it seems they are getting a later start this year. Maybe it has something to do with global warming....
The following is a Mandarin duck, by far the prettiest of the ducks at the Zoo:
The big cats are always my favorite — Malayan tigers, mountain lions, African lions, snow leopard, jaguar, Chinese leopard, serval, fishing cat — but today only one big cat — the lynx — was cooperating. Might have something to do with global warming....
Someone — I won't disclose who but his initials are R.U.S.S.E.L. R.A.Y. — tried to convince me that this Southern warthog was beautiful. Uh, no.
There were two beautiful butterflies flittering about and being very photogenically cooperative for us. Far different from the warthogs.
Only one panda was out in the open and seemed to really be enjoying Easter Sunday:
Throughout the several aviaries, there were birds on their nests, including a hummingbird. I had never seen a hummingbird nest before. They are about the size of a quarter!
And lastly, we can't leave the Zoo without visiting the meerkats:
Hope you enjoyed going to the Zoo with me today.
If you're looking for a great real estate agent in San Diego, well,
let me Google one for you.
I'm available 24/7, so feel free to contact me by phone or email.
Jim Frimmer, Realtor
Century 21 Award Mission Valley
California DRE License #01458572
Mission Valley Condos Information
Recent blog posts:
- Easter Saturday open house report
- Women? Are your guys like that?
- San Diego Mission Valley condos for sale — Union Square
- Does the weight of the sellers affect the price....
- San Diego Mission Valley condos for sale — Park Villas South
- Wordless Wednesday — Is there a message here?
- San Diego Mission Valley condos for sale — Park Villas North
- Out & About San Diego — Cabrillo National Monument is free through April 24!
- Speechless Sunday — Does this look comfortable?
- See that guy over there? He's taking pictures of us!
- Ever seen a Googlemobile? I have!
- At least the seat's down!
- San Diego Mission Valley condos for sale — Kensington Park Villas
- Out & About San Diego — San Diego streets and highways are bursting with color!
- Wordless Wednesday, Silent Saturday, and Speechless Sunday, all rolled into one
- San Diego Mission Valley condos for sale — Mission Verde
- San Diego Mission Valley condos for sale — Mission Heights
- San Diego Mission Valley condos for sale — Friars Mission
- Out & About San Diego — Sunsets and pelicans
- Out & About San Diego — San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station in San Diego County
Try Russel Ray Photos for inexpensive, royalty-free photos.